Alan J Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

Any other links to "labs blowing up" and "window melting" ?

I don't know about windows melting.

I listed 5 incidents in chapter 12 of my book. I have heard there have been
other explosions but I have no specific information on them. I have heard
that cold fusion experiments in China have often exploded. I think they are
doing a lot of glow discharge, similar to the Mizuno's experiment that
exploded. That is a very unstable reaction. The university ordered Mizuno
to stop doing that experiment after the accident. One of the glass shards
went deep into his neck, next to the carotid artery. I probably would have
stopped that myself.

His phenanthrene hydrogenation experiment seems dangerous to me. Several
experts told me that given the temperatures and pressures he uses, his
steel cells are on the verge of exploding. He is not doing that experiment
either these days. The building he is in is not zoned for it. His old
building, which he left upon retirement, was torn down because it was
falling to pieces and also because it was nuclear waste hazard site, after
years of unregulated academic experiments in nuclear engineering, by Mizuno
and many others. There were 10 cm cracks in the walls, and lots of what
looked like abandoned radwaste to me.

These Japanese professors don't have much regard for safety. After I
visited Takahashi, I showed a Japanese physicist friend of mine a video of
the visit made by Russ George. A guy who works in industry, mainly
microelectronics, where safety standards are better than academia. The
video showed all kinds of rubbish lying around the linear accelerator
building, including rusting steel motorbike engines and wheels, which you
find in every building on a Japanese university campus. He paused, and said
thoughtfully "well, you have already had children . . ."

Here are quotes from chapter 12:

1.      February 1985, Fleischmann and Pons, University of Utah, United
States. One the early cells exploded in the campus laboratory.

2.      September 1989,   T. P. Radhakrishnan *et al.*, Bhabha Atomic
Research Centre (BARC), India. The electrolyte temperature “shot up” from
71°C to 80°C and the cell exploded.
[1]<file:///C:/Fusion/Book/Cold%20Fusion%20and%20the%20Future.docx#_ftn1>

3.      April 1991, X. Zhang *et al.*, Institute of Southwest Nuclear
Physics and Chemistry, China.
[2]<file:///C:/Fusion/Book/Cold%20Fusion%20and%20the%20Future.docx#_ftn2>Three
explosions occurred in cells with palladium tube cathodes. Two of
these explosions destroyed the glass cells, blowing the tops 1 to 2 meters
away. About a half hour after one event, the temperature of the bath
surrounding the cell was found to be elevated 5°C. There was 33 ml of gas
in the cell headspace, roughly 40 times less than it would take to cause
these events.

4.      September 2004, J-P. Biberian, Université d’Aix-Marseille II, France.
A cell with a palladium tube cathode exploded. The cell had no more than
120 ml of gas in the headspace, which does not seem like enough to cause a
chemical explosion of this magnitude.

5.      January 2005. Mizuno *et al.*, Hokkaido University, Japan. In the
first phase of a glow discharge experiment, before the plasma normally
appears, the cell temperature suddenly rose to 80°C and a bright white
flash surrounded the cathode. An instant later the cell was shattered,
blowing off the Pyrex safety door of the cell container. Shards of glass
were driven up to 6 meters away, and one of them injured Mizuno. The
explosion produced roughly 132,000 joules, or 441 times more than the total
input energy.
[3]<file:///C:/Fusion/Book/Cold%20Fusion%20and%20the%20Future.docx#_ftn3>

------------------------------

[1]<file:///C:/Fusion/Book/Cold%20Fusion%20and%20the%20Future.docx#_ftnref1>Radhakrishnan,
T.P., et al.,
*Tritium Generation during Electrolysis Experiment*, in *BARC Studies in
Cold Fusion*, P.K. Iyengar and M. Srinivasan, Editors. 1989, Atomic Energy
Commission: Bombay. p. A 6.
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Radhakrishtritiumgen.pdf

[2]<file:///C:/Fusion/Book/Cold%20Fusion%20and%20the%20Future.docx#_ftnref2>Zhang,
X., et al.
*On the Explosion in a Deuterium/Palladium Electrolytic System*. in *Third
International Conference on Cold Fusion, "Frontiers of Cold Fusion"*. 1992.
Nagoya Japan: Universal Academy Press, Inc., Tokyo, Japan.
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ZhangXontheexplo.pdf

[3]<file:///C:/Fusion/Book/Cold%20Fusion%20and%20the%20Future.docx#_ftnref3>Mizuno,
T. and Y. Toriyabe.
*Anomalous energy generation during conventional electrolysis*. in *The
12th International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science*. 2005.
Yokohama, Japan. http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MizunoTanomalouse.pdf