http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/files/Initiation%20of%20nuclear%20reactions.pdf

A number of experiments that feature violent activity in water share the
same characteristics that LeClair observed in his LENR experiments. I see
the referenced experiment listed above demonstrating the production of
Protonated Water Clusters in the plasma when a laser beam ionizes gold Nano
particles in an aqueous solution of uranium salts. LeClair can also produce
his reaction using a laser beam.

The referenced experiment is less energetic than the LeClair experiment
because no sacrificial attractive material is present.

But in both experiments, collapsing cavatation bubbles are formed and
Protonated Water Clusters are generated which catalyze proton based cold
fusion reactions.

What the other commenter miss in this type of reaction is that cavatation
can provide a continuum of energy levels from weak to extreme. It is
adjustable. LeClair has mentioned that he can adjust the energy level in
his reaction to produce only heat without radiation to a full range of
element transmutation which is accompanied by heavy radiation.

Until the other evaluators of this reaction understand its true dynamics,
they will continual to misunderstand what underlying processes are going on
in the LeClair effect.

To wit, if there is no attractive shock wave produced to provide added
kinetic energy, then transmutation is gentle and well behaved. Yes the
shock wave is optional with the addition of an attractive sacrificial metal
within six bubble diameters of bubble formation. At its root, the LeClair
effect is cold fusion.

Cheers: Axil