I wrote:

> It brings the question of conservation of energy to the fore.  If normal
> LENR is like a box with a button on it, which once pressed causes heat to
> spill out, can you have another box with a button that, when pressed,
> causes cooling to occur?  At face value, it sounds like some basic
> principle is being violated.

I don't think it's CoE that is the problem in this case, it's the second
law of thermodynamics -- entropy can only increase.  If you took the LENR
experiment with the tungsten in which cooling is being observed and placed
the entire apparatus in a calorimeter, wouldn't you expect (require?) the
balance of heat given off by the system to be positive?

The question of nickel v. tungsten is more complex than I implied.  If I
remember correctly, there are experiments with tungsten in which heat was
produced.

Eric