I wrote:

> The question of nickel v. tungsten is more complex than I implied.  If I
> remember correctly, there are experiments with tungsten in which heat was
> produced.

The experiment involved titanium nanopowder, not tungsten.  But I see now
that there have been experiments using titanium in which power was
produced; in several, around a single watt, and in one, 76 watts.  So if
Brian Ahern's anecdotal data are allowed, titanium can yield both power and
localized cooling (perhaps energy is being fed into the system from the
power outlet to accomplish this).

Eric