Reference:

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MileyGHnucleartra.pdf

 NUCLEAR TRANSMUTATIONS IN THIN-FILM NICKEL COATINGS UNDERGOING
ELECTROLYSIS

George H. Miley  and James A. Patterson

Other key features observed in Fig. 8 and Fig. 9 that must be accounted for
by any theory include the “gaps” between high yield products and the high
Ag and Cd yields. Ag (and Cd) production is particularly challenging, since
*Ag occurs in large quantities but is not favored energetically. Ag’s
position, well to the lower binding energy side of Ni, infers an
endothermic reaction (negative Q-value), which in turn suggests energy
transfer to the reactants must occur to drive the reaction. *(This is
analogous to driving negative Q-value reactions by colliding high-energy
reactants using accelerated beams. As defined here, Q values are the energy
released due to the mass difference between reactants and products,
assuming that the reactants enter with zero kinetic or excitation energy.)
Consequently, the model must contain a mechanism for energy
storage/transfer to reactions involved in high Z element production.
A postulated reaction model, RIFEX (Reaction in a Film-Excited CompleX), is
under development to satisfy these key characteristics. A major feature of
RIFEX is that protons (p) interacting with the host Ni and neighboring
isotopes produces a relatively long lived atom-p complex with excitation
energies of orders of several MeV. *This allows production of elements such
as Ag with Q-value reactions. Seemingly, other products with a negative Q
value are produced via fission of compound nuclei. *This model will be
presented in detail in a future publication.

What kind of transmutation is going on. Heavy elements like Ag