At 12:50 AM 12/12/2012, Eric Walker wrote:

I think it is Bob Rohner's company that has the kits, and he appears to be making them available, contrary to John Rohner's wishes, if I remember correctly.  It also looks like Bob Rohner's kit is the one that Russ Gries is testing out in the youtube videos [1].  I also believe it was Bob Rohner that demonstrated a device to Michael McKubre.

[1]Â <http://pesn.com/2012/10/02/9602199_Russ_Gries_runs_Bob_Rohners_Noble_Gas_Popper_replication_on_Hydrogen/>http://pesn.com/2012/10/02/9602199_Russ_Gries_runs_Bob_Rohners_Noble_Gas_Popper_replication_on_Hydrogen/

The original kit was offered by John Rohner, and Russ bought one, and decided the information with it was completely inadequate. There are lots of details to cover to accurately report on all this "news."

I see no sign in the PESN page cited that Rohner's company "has the kits." Rather, Russ followed Bob Rohner's "procedures." Very explicitly, Russ claims that only 3% of what he did came from Bob Rohner.

There is something totally frustrating about Russ's reports. He's operating a Popper, and generating some considerable force with it. But he's also got a capacitor bank discharging into the thing. He dumped, in a single "pop," almost 500 Joules into it. There is *no* information that can allow the calculation of work done by that piston. We have no idea if there is any XP at all.

A joule would lift 100 grams a meter. Suppose the weight and the piston are 10 kg.

500 Joules, efficiently transferred, could lift them a half-meter, more than enough.

Michael McKubre was present at the Tesla conference where Bob Rohner demonstrated his own popper, and where Plasmerg announced the John Rohner Popper kit. I've seen nothing from McKubre that would represent a validation of the Papp engine, only some comment that there might be something interesting happening. And that's obvious. After all, I spent many hours researching Papp on the web. Interesting. And apparently seriously crazy, that submarine affair was a doozy.

Yet all this was interesting enough that Feynman attended a Papp demonstration. Feynman pulled the plug. Originally, he pulled it with Papp's permission, but then delayed handing it back as Papp became more and more frantic. And then the thing exploded. Feynman had, rather obviously, shut down the control system. There were attempts made to claim that Papp had deliberately exploded his device, but not only does that seem thin as hell, under those conditions, Caltech did pay a settlement to the family of the deceased. I'm sure there was an investigation, and explosives would leave traces.

This may have been the saddest incident of Feynman's life.

McKubre is a real scientist, a professional. He does not rule things out on theoretical grounds. If he runs calorimetry or an energy balance study on this or something else, we can trust it. When John Rohner attacks "MM", I think he means McKubre.