http://pesn.com/2012/12/10/9602241_Inteligentry_Egg-on-Face_PowerGen/

PowerGen opened and no running demonstration engine.

Now, what I notice on the PESN page is a comment from a licensee, Ben Gresham, representing G&G Products Family of Companies, LLC.

They have two non-running engines they built at PowerGen.

Now, for all those that doubt the technology or the ability of such an engine to be mass produced, I truly understand your skepticism. The longer we work with John Rohner, the more we realize the guy may have some issues with reality. He is paranoid and guarded, he doesn't have a clue about how manufacturing works, his comprehension of mechanical issues is limited, and he has to be shown his way may not work before he'll listen to anybody about alternatives.

That being said, I have come to understand his traits and learned to be patient with him. There is no doubt of his electrical genius and his understanding of theory is much better than most.

If he has an "understanding of theory," it does not seem apparent. From the Plasmerg home page: http://www.plasmerg.com/

This is a new system that crosses the previous borders the science of physics as it is part Fusion, fission and plasma working together utilizing elements of each to the advantage of the result. this result is power.

This is a statement showing about zero understanding. Fusion and fission? Any evidence for this? Gresham continues:

As is with most geniuses, there is some egotism and eccentricities that one has to deal with. We have elected to stay the course, not just because of all the blood, sweat, and tears invested, but because we truly believe in John and his Plasma Transition Process™. We have no doubt this will change the world as we know it. It's simply a matter of timing and having all the right pieces falling together.

"Egos" and "Eccentrics" seem to be able to attract support like this, phenomenally naive support. If Gresham actually has reason to believe that this thing works, he's not telling us. He is building an engine, a far more complicated affair than a demonstration device. The non-existent Popppers are demonstration devices. An engine would be built from multiple devices. A Popper will show a single cycle of what, repeated, would make up an engine. If you can't build a Popper, and test it, you can't build an engine. Building an engine is complex, and there can be many delays, and Rohner always has some excuse why he can't demonstrate an *engine.* But what about a demonstration of the effect itself?

And, it seems, there are licensees willing to pour a lot of money in without having seen such a demonstration. Maybe a Popper exists, and maybe they've seen it, but we also see naive response to, say Russ's Popper, as if a piston moving when you dump 500 joules into it is somehow amazing. There is *no report* from anyone that energy output has been measured from one of these, in recent times, that exceeded energy in (i.e, that is finding energy from an anomalous source).

another licensee (Barry Mead) writes:

Before I invested in this technology, I carefully investigated the reality of the physics involved. Although many skeptics find it hard to believe, there really is a way to coax free energy out of the Zero Point, using the 4th state of matter (Plasma).

I personally visited John Rohner at his business in Las Vegas, and found him to be extremely intelligent and competent as both an Electronics Engineer and Embedded Systems Software developer. I ought to know because I have been a Senior Electronics Engineer and Embedded Systems Software engineer myself for over 25 years. All of the electronics designs are brilliant, and the software that John is developing in his controllers is absolutely real!

Even if John could use a little more experience in mechanical engineering, I don't think that is an issue, because there are thousands of qualified people to help out in this area. The difficult tasks of controlling the timing and sequencing of the physics events that bring about the free energy conversion reaction are well handled, and success is inevitable.

Wow! "Real software." Some accomplishment, eh? I guess when you run out of good things to say about someone, you have to make them up. So John is writing software. This means?

John Rohner can impress an Electronics Engineer and Embedded Systems Software engineer, with his knowledge of that field. Great! What does this have to do with what would be necessary to "coax free energy out of the Zero Point?" What are the "physics events?"

What is the *evidence* for this "free energy conversion reaction"? Lots of us would love to know that Free Energy is possible, even though it might make those of us who *do* understand some physics a bit uncomfortable. But what I'm seeing here is phenomenal naivete, almost certainly based on some personal sense that one can judge *science* based on a perception of the "intellgence" of another.

We do not think cold fusion is real because we were impressed with the personal qualities of Pons and Fleischmann. We merely trusted, some of us, their experimental reports, as such reports (the facts, the actual measurments) are routinely trusted, and our confidence lessened when there was difficulty confirming them, and was restored, ultimately, when there was massive confirmation and a clear understanding of why the original difficulties existed, and those difficulties had practically nothing to do with the personalities of Pons and Fleischman.

No, we were convinced as to cold fusion when there was adequate experimental evidence, not only for a heat anomaly (Free Energy! -- though it is isn't really Free, it is energy generated from mass conversion to energy from deuterium transformation to helium), but for the fuel and ash involved.

What is the evidence for this Zero Point Energy that this licensee "carefully investigated"? What did he investigate and how did he identify anomalous energy, if apparent, with "Zero Point Energy"? And was he competent to do this?

What happens here may be that we see something we don't understand, and someone proposes an explanation, and human beings dislike not understanding things. So we accept the explanation. The scientific method was developed to move beyond this. We *test* explanations, *seeking to falsify them*. As to interpersonal relations, that can be rude. But it is an absolute necessity in science.

It is not a question of "hard to believe." It is the utter lack of a reason to believe. Mead and Gresham lost their protective skepticism. Not pseudoskepticism, that involves a belief in bogosity or impossibility, but genuine, scientific skepticism that abstains from believing *anything*; a real skeptic does come up with provisional beliefs, i.e., conclusions about nature that are routinely accepted without question, but every one of them is rebuttable, at least in theory, and contrary evidence is of high interest to a real skeptic.

Pseudoskeptics actually search for possible contrary evidence, assert it, and then sit back, imagining that they have accomplished something by proposing a "prosaic explanation* -- without testing it.

The licensees are paying a high price for their naivete.

And if I'm wrong, off the wall here, I'll pay a certain price, but it would be a small price to pay for the value of a real ZPE device. I simply don't expect that to happen, because of not only a lack of evidence for it, but plenty of circumstantial evidence in the other direction.

We have a situation where an inventor is continually misrepresenting the situation, that's become obvious. Gresham wrote of Rohner as having "some issues with reality." Gresham has a lot on the line, and took a risk by saying that. However, here is someone who is presumably about as close to the source as possible, who still sees that Rohner is not reliable.

It became obvious to me many months ago, that, if what John Rohner had was real, the investors should keep him in a cage, not let him speak publicly, or they should *get out*, because the web sites of the companies involved clearly show insanity. If he is actually a brilliant engineer, let him engineer.

It is not impossible for a brilliant engineer to get that he is not a brilliant public spokesperson for his company. But part of what's happening here is John Rohner's ego, his pride that he has a "real company" when others don't. He makes it all personal, which is a serious problem in business.

Sterling Allen is obviously sincere in his hope that John Rohner would pull it off. But because Allen has reported the situation *as it is*, Rohner has said that Allen is trying to destroy his work.

This business sure attracts some doozies.