On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com>wrote:

> The essential question is, Does a BEC form in any material?

***Yes, according to the 2 links I posted.

> Various applications of this concept have been applied, but not to hydron
> atoms.

***We both already agreed to that, so I don't understand the need to repeat
it.  This hasn't been applied for H2 or H1 or D2 gas because it is
difficult and expensive.   Oh, and there's that added wrinkle where LENR
starts to become active, really messing with scientists' heads...  ;-)

>  In fact, when BEC are formed near absolute zero, they consist of neutral
> atoms in a vacuum. In the case of hydrons, they are ions located in stable
> sites in a structure. Moving these ions into a common site where a BEC
> might form takes energy.

***Okay, nothing particularly standing out in these statements.

> Formation of a BEC does not supply much energy, as theory shows.

***But Y E Kim's theory shows that the formation of a BEC could generate
fusion, which does supply much energy.

> I do not see any advantage to pretending something might happen that
> conflicts with basic theory

***Because Y E Kim's theory fits the facts pretty good right now.  Anyone's
LENR theory will conflict with what's out there.  Including yours.

> and experience unless this is the only possibility.

***What a bizarre requirement.  Where does it come from?

> This is not the only possibility. In fact, better ideas have been
> suggested.

***The best ideas are the ones immediately testable.  Kim's theory doesn't
look all that superior to others in this respect, but recent developments
in BECs suggest that his theory is certainly worth looking into.