From: Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, May 31, 2013 4:19 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Ekstrom critique of Levi et al.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

I thought that the DC issue was put to rest.

Only according to the credulous true believers. Essen said they excluded it,
but he didn't say how. If we're just going to accept what they say without
scrutiny, then why bother reading the paper at all? Just accept their
conclusions and rejoice.

Except that Essen said of the steam tests that the steam was dry based on a
visual inspection, and then based on a measurement with a relative humidity
probe. So, I'm not prepared to accept his claim at face value. And even if his
measurements do exclude dc in the exposed conductors, I'm not prepared to
accept that a concealed conductor was not there.

There's various ways to create illusions, and I don't necessarily know how it
might have been done. But I know there was a rat's nest of wires, and an
unnecessarily complex method of supplying power, and that deception on Rossi's
part is far more likely than the sort of power density they claim without
melting, let alone a nuclear reaction.

 It can be easily shown that there is not amount of diode trickery which can be
put into the control box that will confuse the primary power measurement.

I don't agree. Just because you or I can't think of diode trickery doesn't mean
it's not possible. You or I can't think of any nuclear reactions to explain the
results either, but that doesn't seem to convince you that it's not possible.
You should keep an open mind to possibilities you have not thought of.

 DC input has been eliminated so that is not an issue due to direct observation
by one or more of the test personnel.

Except we don't know the observation, so it's not convincing.

There is noting left to clarify as far as the input is concerned.

Manipulation of the mains line is a far smaller perturbation than used in many
similar scale scams. Concealed conductors can make the current look like it's
zero, or could carry dc or high frequency power.

And you also agree that duty cycle operation is obvious by output waveform
picture review.

No. I disagreed with that at least 3 times. Maybe you missed them.

I don't see your problem here. Yes, the modulation of the temperature is
consistent with the modulation of the input, but it says nothing about the
actual power level in the alleged off part of the cycle. The claim is that the
ecat is sustained in the off-cycle, so the decay curve is consistent with the
total power *not* going to zero. All the skeptics are claiming is that you'd
get the same thing if the input drops to the same level as the level the ecat
is claimed to be producing by itself during the off cycle. And that could be
done using the cheese power method with a voltage divider or a variac or
something.

I'm not saying that's how it was done. I'm saying that the unnecessarily
indirect output measurement, the unnecessarily complex input supply and the
inadequate input measurement, and the blank that was run under different
conditions, makes the entire operation suspicious and leaves possibilities for
deception. I just don't believe someone who actually had an energy source with
MJ+/g, that could produce hundreds of watts at a COP of 3, would demonstrate in
this way. It could be made so much better. And so I remain skeptical. When
nothing comes of this in a year, will you be a little more skeptical?

 The viewed duty cycle matches that stated within the report.  Anyone that
suggests a cheese power type scam is not looking at the evidence.

It matches the frequency. Anyone who suggests the evidence proves it goes to
zero in the off-cycle does not understand the evidence. Cheese power is far
more likely than nickel powder with a power density 100 times that of uranium
in a fission reactor, let alone than the possibility of nuclear reactions in
that context.

Any RF power input would cause serious disruption of the test reading with any
change of position of the probes.  If that is not seen, the scope would have
detected it.

Essen said they did not use a scope, and I'm not convinced it would affect
meters that have a limited response in the 60 Hz range.

 It is time for the skeptics to leave this poor horse alone.

Many people suspected James Ernst Worrell Keely of fraud and deception, but no
one knew exactly how he did it, and his supporters dismissed the skeptics.
After his death, a most elaborate and complex series of hidden devices were
found below the floors and behind walls and so on.

There are many more recent examples as well such as Madison Priest and Stoern
and Papp and so on. This sort of thing is utterly common, but the claimed
scientific revolution is rare indeed.

And all of this is independent of how much you want it to be true.