Kevin, that doesn't look like sneering to me, more like simply Joshua's
assessment of the motivations for positions that others are taking, without
invective or nastiness that I can see.

I am generally saddened to see the recent witch-hunt/culling of
dissent/heresy in the Vort.  The 'sneering' rule is being applied
asymmetrically, and frankly of late it is becoming more like a doctrinal
church.

Killing off opposing views like Abd, Andrew and others does not improve the
quality of the discourse.  I like that imagination, wild ideas and hope
have free rein here, but I also think it is essential to temper that with
dissenting views to get to the heart of problems.