OK, I agree, here are a couple more articles

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Oklahoma-Scientist-to-Test-if-Fracking-Causes-Earthquakes.html

The parts I keyed on in addition to the locations clustered around areas
with multiple dopplers, is that many people say they sound more like sonic
booms.

http://billmoyers.com/2014/02/14/is-fracking-causing-earthquakes/

And as quakes increase in frequency, residents of
Oklahoma<http://www.npr.org/2014/01/02/259127792/a-sharp-rise-in-earthquakes-puts-oklahomans-on-edge>
 and
Texas<http://www.npr.org/2014/02/09/273372026/oil-gas-drilling-seems-to-make-the-earth-slip-and-go-boom>
are
taking notice. More noticeable than the shaking, for many, is the noise
these quakes make: a loud boom, like artillery fire.

I wonder if it is a combination of both, microwaves interacting with the
atmosphere/water vapor and or a discharge into the Earth interacting with
the underground water.