On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM, <pagnu...@htdconnect.com> wrote:

This effect is not very significant in chaotic plasmas, such as in a
> Farnworth fusor device since there is too much field cancellation due to
> random motion.  It can be very large for plasma arc filaments, though.

Is this a confirmed effect, or one that has been hypothesized?

I'm reminded of my drawing of what I think might be going on in LENR, where
such an effect might be relevant:

http://i.imgur.com/PoRGR7G.png

(Also relevant in this model would be the accumulation of charge at the
left hand side, due to the blocking of the protons once they get to the
recess in the surface of the metal grain.)

Eric