Nanometer scale metallic glass particles would appear to be a natural
result of this method of metal nanoparticle
synthesis<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanoparticle#Synthesis>
:

Inert-gas condensation is frequently used to make nanoparticles from metals
with low melting points. The metal is vaporized in a vacuum chamber and
then supercooled with an inert gas stream. The supercooled metal vapor
condenses into nanometer-size particles, which can be entrained in the
inert gas stream and deposited on a substrate or studied in situ.