Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

Not to mention that at one point Rossi was possibly down to a few thousand
> bucks, and Defkalion (and others) were hoping to starve him into submission.

Such charming people.

When you are considering that kind of business strategy, you have to give
some thought to Other Possible Outcomes. In this case, you should think to
yourself: "Okay, I will starve him out . . . but wait, what if he comes
into some money in the meanwhile? What will he say to me then? And once we
do fund him, will he want to continue doing business with us?"

The point is, you want to stay on good terms with the person you are
dealing with.