When Rossi decided to leave DGT holding the bag by pulling out of the deal,
DGT was faced with a forced closure of their operation. Things looked very
bleak for DGT. But out of stubborn determination and extreme luck together
with the good sense to listen to solid theory and the know how to apply it,
they met and eventually vastly exceeded the design of the Rossi reactor.

Via the spark excitation mechanism, DGT first came up with the critical
enabling concept of the "Mouse" that pumped the "Cat" architecture which
Rossi STOLE.  Yes without this ideal at Rossi's disposal, Rossi's blind
spot was reactor control and he would still be destroying his reactors
through continued and uncontrollable burn up.
I doubt that the histories of this relationship will be correctly told. DGT
will always be the bad guy and Rossi the saint. But WE all take what we
must from others to advance the LENR art, even Rossi; DGT took from Rossi
the absolute conviction that the Ni/H reactor was possible to implement and
that it was capable of working and Rossi took the Mouse architecture.  No
matter what Mats Lewan book states in his book, Rossi is no saint.