Oh yes Daniel, what you have said below is all very true, and Apple have also
been known to feed the Media ‘Mis-Information’.

Apple has the right to keep product development plans secret. They also have
the right to require employees and third-party developers to sign NDAs agreeing
not to disclose trade secrets.

The Security at Apple and their Employee NDA / Contracts that all employees, &
third-party developers have to sign are probably the tightest of any Company.

/ Begin Quote
“More than leniency and humanity, respect for secrecy is sewn deeply into
Apple’s culture.

You want to be able to trust your employees, especially at a company for which
surprise is a sales tool. “

“Secrecy at Apple is not just the prevailing communications strategy; it is
baked into the corporate culture. Employees working on top-secret projects must
pass through a maze of security doors, swiping their badges again and again and
finally entering a numeric code to reach their offices.

Work spaces are typically monitored by security cameras.
Some Apple workers in the most critical product-testing rooms must cover up
devices with black cloaks when they are working on them, and turn on a red
warning light when devices are unmasked so that everyone knows to be
extra-careful.

Apple employees are often just as surprised about new products as everyone
else.”
/ End Quote