Hi Mark,

> And I want to make a clear separation in the repo.
> Web2py applications for production use are put in the usr folder.
>    And copied and protected by a startup script.
>    For example you could take the write right from /controllers/models/views
>    And store static and upload under var or or the user location mentioned in
> a email before.

I have no problem with that. All you have to do now is to convince
Massimo :-)

> Web2py applications for development are put in the user location or /var

Debian packages are not allowed to touch users' home directories at
the installation time. Also, I don't see any point in doing that, even
if it was allowed. Anybody who want to develop an application can copy
the production version from /usr into his home directory and run it
from there.

We could provide a script to simplify that task, although even doing
it manually is not difficult at all. The script can create a web2py
folder and populate it with specified applications taken from either
"production" packages or plain w2p files. The script will be under
package control, but the resulting web2py folder will not be. The user
will decide where to store it, how to run it, how often to update it,
etc.

Regards,
Dima.