On May 12, 2014 9:10 PM, "Kevin Gorman" <kgor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the fact Commons' has a history of not wanting to comply with WMF board
> resolutions

Whoa there, I'm going to have to reach for my biggest [citation needed]
flag.

Commons isn't a thing that speaks with a single voice, and -- more
importantly -- with literally hundreds of files proposed for deletion every
day, there are bound to be plenty of decisions that are either wrong, or
debatable. Whatever experience you're generalizing on to make this sweeping
statement of an entire project "not wanting to comply," I am pretty
confident you are making a leap of logic or two in there.

That said, how about a friendly wager, that will allow us to explore this
space and generate a larger sample, that we can all observe for patterns?

For every decision on Commons that you think demonstrates a desire to
resist a WMF board resolution, I will supply 5 decisions that demonstrate a
thoughtful balance among the needs of copyright holders, people depicted in
photos, Wikimedia projects, and other stakeholders.

We can go back and forth as long as you want -- I'd suggest you start off
with maybe 5 examples, and if you do I'll find 25. But do as many as you'd
like.

Pete

[[User:Peteforsyth]]