On 13 May 2014 07:27, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 12, 2014 9:10 PM, "Kevin Gorman" <kgor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> the fact Commons' has a history of not wanting to comply with WMF board
>> resolutions
>>
> Whoa there, I'm going to have to reach for my biggest [citation needed]
> flag.
>
> Commons isn't a thing that speaks with a single voice, and -- more
> importantly -- with literally hundreds of files proposed for deletion every
> day, there are bound to be plenty of decisions that are either wrong, or
> debatable. Whatever experience you're generalizing on to make this sweeping
> statement of an entire project "not wanting to comply," I am pretty
> confident you are making a leap of logic or two in there.

+1 I have no recollection of becoming part of a Borg collective.

> We can go back and forth as long as you want -- I'd suggest you start off
> with maybe 5 examples, and if you do I'll find 25. But do as many as you'd
> like.

Let's not go there. This email thread is TLDR, hard to follow, and (as
has been said by several others already) would be much better as an
on-wiki narrative thread in one of the many places on Commons where
discuss policies and issues of interest to Commons contributors; most
of us are not subscribed to this email list.

Fae