John Mark Vandenberg wrote:

> i.e. specifically asking
> previously highly productive volunteers who have stopped contributing
> whether they feel the increase in funds has not resulted in their work
> being adequately supported?

Thanks for your great wording, John.

I belong to this category (somewhat). I stopped contributing because I felt
that my work is not adequately supported. I felt the need to develop some
software. I have rather limited free time however, and I've been in the "not
highly productive on-wiki" phase for over 3 years now.

Incidentally, one of the entities that doesn't adequately support my work is my
local chapter. It had been extremely hostile toward Wikimedia movement and
after learning how it works I had no motivation to continue working with
Wikimedia projects. How poorly the Wikimedia Foundation itself works wasn't the
biggest obstacle (I found it mildly approachable and was (and am!) a tiny bit
happy with it).

--
svetlana