As soon as you can offer 7ms latency to 100 people off the same AP using WiFi based radios, please let me know. I will buy 200 AP's and 5,000 CPE. ;)

Oh, and they need to operate on the same channels within a 5 mile radius. ;)

Travis
Microserv

Jayson Baker wrote:
Standard 20MHz channels.

I, too, thought it was impossible.  We started with Orinoco back in the day
(2002), it worked well up until 30 subs -- then it was like dailup.  Back
then, we offered 256Kbps service.  Turns out the big differences is not only
much better radios, much better software, but also the difference on B and
G.

For a very long time we got caught in the Canopy mentality "my Canopy is
better than your <<any other vendor here>>"  We finally opened our eyes, got
jumped out of the gang, and are very happy we did.  It seems a lot of Canopy
operators have the mentality that WiFi sucks -- probably because they too
started with it years ago, when it really did suck.

Canopy is good, but slow, and very expensive.  We have a 1 Day ROI.
Compared to when we were deploying Canopy, 8-10 MONTHS.

This network is small, and we don't push it much.  Like I said, we have a 1
Day ROI.