On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 19:47 -0600, Travis Johnson wrote:
> As soon as you can offer 7ms latency to 100 people off the same AP
> using WiFi based radios, please let me know. I will buy 200 AP's and
> 5,000 CPE. ;)

That kind of density is NOT necessary for MANY WISPs.  I know that is
the cry that nearly ALL Canopy Koolaid drinkers use, but it does not
apply to everyone.  For those that need it...Canopy offers a very nice
solution that works, works well and is affordable because it is NEEDED.
For those that don't...Canopy is WAY to expensive to be worth the extra
$$.

Don't take this as a "jab" because it isn't intended that way, but why
would you post a message that indicates that someone was inviting you to
switch your Canopy out for WiFi?  Nobody made such a suggestion and
(IMHO) reacting in the way you did is just plain rude.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *