On 17/06/18 13:30, Richard Shaw wrote:
Ok, while good, this is very frustrating...

Went back and build current git, waterfall locked up, no audio out, process hung on exit...

Went back and changed it from Release to Debug and changed the QT option for debug output, make clean, make, make install - waterfall lockup after tune, no audio out, process hung on exit...

Went back into the build dir, rm -rf *, cmake w/ Debug and QT debug, make, make install, IT WORKS!

Still, I got absolutely no console output even though I had debug turned on...

Went back and tried my 1.9.1 install, so far so good. I have no idea what changed, or if it will repeat itself. I'm afraid to close it until I'm done playing FT8 this morning.

THe only difference I can think of is that wsjtx started up with the alsa device selected, but that shouldn't matter...

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,
I am seeing the same issues in Mageia Cauldron.

I use a common /home for both Mageia6 stable and Cauldron (dev for next release Mga7).

In Mga6 running 1.8.0 all is fine.
If I re-boot into cauldron which uses the same settings then the WSPR cycle timer bargraph runs but there is no waterfall or spectrum trace. Although there _was_ on the very first occasion that it was run, after installing the package.
After the first TUNE all the audio input and output vanished.
Now, after going back to Mageia 6 and checking that all hardware is set up OK, re-booting into Cauldron and 1.9.1 there is no trace of audio in or out, even before testing with TUNE.
Rigcrtl is working fine.
Closing wsjtx leaves a running instance and lockfile which has to be killed manually.

73
Barry
G4MKT