Is there any more discussion on this topic? Are we ready to go to a vote that we move forward on this direction/proposal?

Recommended sequence:

- A vote to ensure that we're in favor of moving toward a 3.0 release.

    (on approval):

- Move repository to subversion
- Branch off a 2.x branch
- Actively pursue a next 2.x release if it's deemed needed (???)
- Begin work on a 3.x on repository HEAD
- Develop 3.0 feature set feature rough outline, schedule, and responsibilities
- Development...
- alpha/beta release(s)?

James