James Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>> I agree that this is beneficial and inevitable.  We have clear
>>> direction from the Infrastructure team that all projects will
>>> eventually be presented with an offer they can't refuse along these
>>> lines.  That said, as a Cygwin user and a command-line devotee, I'd
>>> love to be assured there's hope for my preferred method of code
>>> extraction.  (Mind you, given the amount I'm committing these days,
>>> that hardly matters!  :) )
>> Can you confirm there is no cygwin solution Neil? I don't think we
>> can really move over to subversion if cygwin users cant use it. I
>> certainly would not want to.
>
> Subversion is "widely available". This includes command line access
> under cygwin and UI under windows. See
> http://www.hisp.info/confluence/display/DHIS2/Subversion, for instance
> (that's just one of many links I found on google). Also see the
> "clients" section of the subversion book:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html#svn-ap-d-sect-1.

Just to confirm. There are many interfaces to subversion, GUI's and
command line and even Emacs modes.

I do everything from the SVN command line - it is stunningly beatiful
and simple, and it is a complete drop-in replacement for CVS - if you
know CVS you already know SVN (except SVN requires you forget some bad
habits).

I have a fair amount of SVN knowledge - Xerces-P was the first Apache
XML project to use subversion, and I manage a number of other SVN
repos around the world.

If I can be of help here, let me know and I will do what I can.

Cheers,
jas.