On 6/20/07, Paul Fisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would not risk raidz on that many disks.  A nice compromise may be 14+2
raidz2, which should perform nicely for your workload and be pretty reliable
when the disks start to fail.

Would anyone on the list not recommend this setup? I could live with 2
drives being used for parity (or the "parity" concept)

I would be able to reap the benefits of ZFS - self-healing, corrupted
file reconstruction (since it has some parity to read from) and should
have decent performance (obviously not smokin' since I am not
configuring this to try for the fastest possible)