On 22 April, 2010 - Rich Teer sent me these 1,1K bytes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a server running SXCE b130 and I use ZFS for all file systems.  I
> also have a couple of workstations running the same OS, and all is well.
> But I also have a MacBook Pro laptop running Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.3),
> and I have troubles creating files on exported ZFS file systems.
>
> >From the laptop, I can read and write existing files on the exported ZFS
> file systems just fine, but I can't create new ones.  My understanding is
> that Mac OS makes extensive use of file attributes so I was wondering if
> this might be the cause of the problem (I know ZFS supports file attributes,
> but I wonder if I have to utter some magic incantation to get them working
> properly with Mac OS).

I've noticed some issues with copying files to an smb share from macosx
clients like the last week.. haven't had time to investigate it fully,
but it sure seems EA related..
Copying a file from smb to smb (via the client) works as long as the
file hasn't gotten any EA yet.. If I for instance do the "hide file
ext", then it's not working anymore. Enabling EA on a file works, but
creating one with EA doesn't.. So it seems like a Finder bug..

Copying via terminal (and cp) works.

> At the moment I have a workaround: I use sftp to copy the files from the
> laptop to the server.  But this is a pain in the ass and I'm sure there's
> a way to make this just work properly!

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, st...@acc.umu.se, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå