I probably should not get involved but here's a classic example of why
feelings against Pactor 3 run so high.

The frequency is 10.140, the mode is PSK31, it is 19:39 UTC today (29th Dec)
and VE1CDD is in QSO with PJ2MI, N0MNO and KJ7A are on frequency and I am
calling CQ. A Pactor-1 call up can be heard a little down the band, that's
not too bad, he is right on the Propnet guys but he's not interfering with
us. But then the transmission changes straight to Pactor-3 and wipes
everyone out for at least 5 minutes.

How can anyone justify running Pactor-3 in a narrow mode segment of the
bands? there were at least 5 other guys minding their own business running
PSK31 and all got QRM'ed.

I know your feelings on Pactor-3 Demetre and I am sure you are a courteous
operator but until either the Winlink crowd adopt a proper "listen first"
attitude or Pactor-3 is gone this argument is not going to go away.

73 & Happy New Year to all,
Sholto
KE7HPV