7102.2, center frequency. Certainly, a busy frequency.

I cannot tell what "mode" called on top of me, because, robotic or
manned, all pactor link initiations are about the same. Only after you
receive a system ID or a human greeting you get to know. But I guess,
given the frequency, that it was another client attempting to throw me
away to seize the link.

And no, I guess it was not using a waterfall, neither did I. It was
another PTC calling, I heard it on pactor. And somebody else on 141A, too.

So, and I stress it, this is about the lack of consideration those who
trigger the "robots" that so far have got the lion's share of the
blaming. "Activity detectors" would be only part of the solution.

Jose, CO2JA

---

jgorman01 wrote:
> What frequency were you using?  Was it a keyboard mode that started
> calling on top of you, or a "modem" mode?  Hard to believe someone
> with a keyboard mode and a waterfall display would start over top of
> you, although there are jerks everywhere.
>
> Jim
> WA0LYK

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu