>"Techno-purists" are into minimal repetition for a reason, the reason being
>that repetition and minimalism is appealing and more so, comforting, in
that
>there is very little information to interpret.  In other words, I think
that
>the "techno-purist" tends to be introverted (very sensitive to environment
>and stimulation), thus gravitating towards to rawest art, in this case
>techno...

>Moby and people like good 'ol Oakie have a tendency to attract the
opposite,
>extroverts (not so sensitive to stimulation), people who need even more
>input then techno has, they need more than a raw emotion spooned out, >they
>need defined emotion to fell truly satisfied...

have to disagree with you. while some people may fit the descriptions above
i don't think you can generalize a whole group of people in this manner.
this dimension is far too complicated for that, there are just too many
variables.
        <the music needs the listener to be complete, repetition is
        <merely a blue-print in which frames the listeners emotions in a
stable
        <platform- without real listeners, repetition is merely that,
repetition          i do agree though, with minimal music much of what is
heard seems to be projection.