On the one hand, Denise has valid points.

On the other hand she attacks people who have done nothing but good for the
Techno community, has never minimized the contribution of black artists,
and has never centered themselves in the discussion.

Denise, you need to find a way to make the points you want to make without
making other people want to leave the 313 list.

I've never wanted to silence anyone on this list and have never banned
anyone just for being outspoken, but at this point this list is a shadow of
its former self, and a lot of it has to do with people posting things that
make people feel uncomfortable.  And not the 'questioning my privilege'
uncomfortable, like 'being personally attacked without justification'
uncomfortable.

I don't just see the public posts, I get private e-mails all the time with
complaints about other list members.  Those are private, but regular list
members only see what's on the list.

No one can argue with Denise's contribution to music scholarship dealing
with black music, and no one should.

But being aggressive and disagreeable on the mailing list makes it about
you, not about the music or the people.