ha !!
that was me raving about that record!!!
I guess I owe you a $$ or two

haha! no it was a lot more people than just you...

I like it!! I think it's better that alot of house stuff I hear - dunno,
can't explain, I just like it.

yuck. it's limp stuff. of course there's loads of bad house but...damn. i like the stick-y beat in love&war at first, but it doesnt go anywhere! except to add this weak nowhere elevator jazz stuff...and amp's voice is generic as hell which turns me off even more..maybe if the lyrics/voice was something special it would make up for the music going nowhere..i'll listen to it again, but geez i almost dont want to....

I wouldn't buy anything else of his - this is one of the strongest. Did you
get the ampdog knight thing?

no...i dont think i ever heard that one in mp3/digital either..more direct/less easy-listening jazz?

you sure you want that Moodymann LP??

yeahhhh! :) you know i got it on cd already right? but my roommate has it on vinyl and i like it a lot better that way...without the hazy blending together of the tracks. even then tho i dont see that it's much comparable to the amp....it actually goes somewhere. i'm not totally into the jazzy kdj stuff either but its got a lot more soul and energy in it and is not nearly so wishy-washy and generic. a little bit, but there's something subtly different...

oh well taster's choice and all that :)
jt