i just dont know what to say about this description of love and
war. IMO nothing is generic about anything about it. perhaps the
old quote he used in the lyrics is a little familiar, but i think
that was the point.

what lyrics?? i heard "lovveeee" and some scatting..?? quote? guess i need to listen again...? but i just dont even like his voice or his delivery..syruppy, too smooth not enough real feeling..to my ears! it's a subtle thing.

i really dont see how any of this music is "generic". but you know
amp fiddler plays keys on at least one and probably more tracks on
that album.

if its fresh to you then great. not generic? well, i have heard thousands and thousands of jazz records. i sell them for a living. so maybe it's unfortunate but i dont hear anything but limp playing/ideas, heard it 1000 times before kinda stuff, as far as the jazz elements go. as far as his voice i hear a alot of r&b classic vocalists distilled into something generic. its not amps fault his voice sounds the way it does but it doesnt grab me at all. i gotta say i am not very enthusiastic about the jazzy kdj stuff either, but usually it comes together better, progresses, etc etc so that it doesnt bug me and hits me better. it's a subtle thing. sometimes playing/singing this kind of cheese gets by with me, other times it makes me cringe and run to pick up the needle..

box, the amp dog knights, the detroit experiment LP with amp on

a lot of the jazz on detroit experiment falls flat as well imo! sorry. i know at least a few people on here who are into jazz agree with me.. i much prefer russ gabriel's recent stuff. if he hooked up with a nice r&b vocalist i think it could be in the same area as amp but blow him out of the water.

if i wasnt extremely disappointed with it i wouldnt have said anything...

jt