From: "J. T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>yuck. it's limp stuff. of course there's loads of bad house
but...damn. i
>like the stick-y beat in love&war at first, but it doesnt go
anywhere!
>except to add this weak nowhere elevator jazz stuff...and amp's
voice is
>generic as hell which turns me off even more..maybe if the
lyrics/voice was
>something special it would make up for the music going
nowhere..i'll listen
>to it again, but geez i almost dont want to....

i just dont know what to say about this description of love and
war. IMO nothing is generic about anything about it. perhaps the
old quote he used in the lyrics is a little familiar, but i think
that was the point.

>no...i dont think i ever heard that one in mp3/digital either..more
>direct/less easy-listening jazz?

you sound like this one friend of mine who doesnt like anything
that doesnt have a very straightforward beat to it. personally i
like more variety in my beats.

>yeahhhh! :) you know i got it on cd already right? but my
roommate has it on
>vinyl and i like it a lot better that way...without the hazy
blending
>together of the tracks. even then tho i dont see that it's much
comparable
>to the amp....it actually goes somewhere. i'm not totally into
the jazzy kdj
>stuff either but its got a lot more soul and energy in it and is
not nearly
>so wishy-washy and generic. a little bit, but there's something
subtly
>different...

i really dont see how any of this music is "generic". but you know
amp fiddler plays keys on at least one and probably more tracks on
that album.

really i dont know what to say. i have both amp fiddler 12"s in my
box, the amp dog knights, the detroit experiment LP with amp on
it, and the moodymann tracks with amp on them, and theyre probably
most of the best new tracks i have.

tom

andythepooh.com