the "if you stand for nothing, youll fall for anything" bit. its
certainly not a straight up vocal track.....

ahh yeah i didnt hear that...i wasnt payign that much attention i guess

im not calling it fresh, but its definitely distinctive. i could
pick an amp track out of a lineup easily. its definitely not generic.

no - you like it. i wouldnt say its definitely not generic! because it is to me...call me picky, whatever...

im also pretty unsure why this has to do with jazz. amp played

because it's jazzy. i dont think its that hard to figure out. i'm not saying it has to be in 5/8 time or anything.

with george clinton for like a decade. he makes funky music. there
might be some jazziness to it, but he wasnt trying to make a jazz
record.

i do like the basslines..but i wouldnt call this stuff funky exactly..obviously this stuff is not straight up jazz...like...duh :P

the detroit experiment certainly wasnt meant to be a jazz record
either though! obviously the inclusion of jazz players gives it a
good dose of jazzy flavor, but theres also a good dose of hiphop,
techno, and funk in there, which is why its the "detroit
experiment" and not the "detroit jazz record". i love me some

man you deserved to be slapped with a fish for that...come on!! gimme a freakin break. jazz stopped having to be all trumpets and odd time signatures 40 years ago. does nitpicking over genre name really have any point?

lp is really quality, and their performance at movement was
absolutely fantastic.

i didnt make it to movement...i would've dug it live i'm sure, but live music is easier to like. i dig some music i'd otherwise be way more critical of when i see it live.

i think theyre definitely 2 different fish: russ's stuff is
definitely leaning more towards jazz than amp's stuff is.

true, but...its just taste i guess, the elements i pick up on in amp seem wishywashy and artificial like msg to me. whatever. im not trying to get personal, it justa int my thing..at all....is that OK?? thank you!!

jt