From: "Matthew MacQueen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I also know very little about jazz compared
>to most, so maybe I don't have the same distaste as a more
typical jazz
>head might.

i think being too involved emotionally with any given style of
music creates a distaste for certain sounds. when i was really
into drum and bass, the "left field" style drum and bass didnt
really appeal to me at all. neither did the second reprazent LP.
now that im emotionally detatched from that, it seems what i can
tolerate within that genre is much more varied. thats why i make
no pledges of allegiance to any genres now, i just like it funky : )

>like Freakin, reminds me of a cut you'd hear coming out of someone's
>trunk at a BBQ in the summer, recalls a Fatback or SOS Band vibe
almost.

yeah, i really like that track alot as well.

>PS - I love Detroit Experiment as one of the "whole greater than
the sum
>of the parts" thing, each track is a little different and the crazy
>influences do come out individually AND collectively (to me).
Midnight
>at Twenty Grand!!

thats what im saying.

>Speaking of... Now I gotta go drive to Dusty Groove and pick up the
>new Dwele LP:

ive been rocking that when i was working in the local hiphop
record shop, its a nice album, good summertime music.

tom

andythepooh.com