This is the feeling I got from it. He's acting with the best intent, and
isn't explicitly anti-European, but wants to keep things at home in order to
do right by the scenes that could use more American influence than they've
had in the past. Thing is, it seems weird to single out just a couple of
European DJs while ignoring the keen supporters from around the globe that
aren't in it for money (but perhaps this just reflects his taste).

I can see why European DJs might be seen as exploitative when charging
larger fees (or the same for less people) to play in the states, but at the
same time I can't really blame them. The crowds are worse, the laws are
worse and the venues are (generally) much worse. What is the incentive to
play in the states unless they get paid more? It's not like most European
DJs do full-scale tours when they go stateside. I do wish him the best in
getting more homegrown talent exposure in America, but this whole boycott
thing is far too drastic. His personal guilt should not be a public issue.
His protectionist analogy was grim, and actually pretty scary to see a US
imigrant promoting it. In short: good idea, very bad execution.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]