From: Martin Dust [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 May 2008 11:23
To: 313 Mailing List
Subject: Re: (313) Easiest way to start a (313) argument - the Richie
Hawtin RA Podcast

On 2 May 2008, at 10:34, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hmmmm, I'm talking more about the entire "thing" he's created in
> Berlin and his general, almost slavish, use of the newest
> gadget/technology.

Nah, Bowie and Eno did that stuff years before him, so he likes
technology it's not really a big shocker, is it?

Bjork has had loads of focus for it, it doesn't write the tunes tho as
her new album testifies.

I don't pick up on this slavish thing Jason to be honest but I do
share a love for toys and have been torturing myself for months over
the iPhone.

> Personally I find it extremelly difficult to
> "market", do good artwork , press etc but that's only a small part of
> his activities anyway.
> This isn't a recent thing for me, I've been of a similar opinion since
> about 1994!

Fair enough but at the end of the day good music wins thru, regardless
of all the "fluff".

> Jason "naive" Brunton -(you obviously haven't met a lot of the
> customers we have who buy Minus material or you wouldn't have made
> that comment :)  )

The naive comment wasn't aimed at anyone, but I stand by it tho and
yeah I buy Minus, I don't have a small beard, scarf or dress in bright
colours :) God I feel like I'm confessing to something dirty!

PS. Have you seen your picture in DJ mag this month?

For all the latest news and comment visit www.telegraph.co.uk.  This
message, its contents and any attachments to it are private, confidential
and may be the subject of legal privilege.  Any unauthorised disclosure,
use or dissemination of the whole or part of this message (without our
prior written consent) is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify us immediately. Incoming and outgoing telephone
calls to our offices may be monitored or recorded for training and quality
control purposes and for confirming orders and information. Telegraph Media
Group Limited is a limited liability company registered in England and
Wales (company number 451593).  Our registered office address is: 111
Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0DT.