We'll do a test setup with Telrad soon. So I am eager to see it work.

But Patick (it's his job) do some powermarketing here so some thoughts.

The Compact does 64QAM. 64 QAM is something like 100Mbit/20MHz Channel.
So 25Mbit/Subscriber does only scale to some extent with Netflix Users.
Higher quality gear like Compact is expected to scale better than cheap
wifi-stuff.
It can do 2 Channels so 200Mbit is what we expect to see.
Talking higher numbers is promising higher LTE Categories/higher Modulation
which
will/might be implemented with Compact but not with the Compact and the 7000 CPE
you buy today. This is what my reps say.
Doing Wimax Compact does 2x10MHz Channels. So 100Mbit/s is to be expected
(Enabling the second channel is a option to pay for ...). It will deliver
higher per/CPE speeds
than older wimax gear.

Compact needs additional components which WISPs do not like (we want plain
layer 2 transport).
This components differ between Wimax and LTE. So upgrade from WiMAX to LTE
needs some work and money.

Comparing e.g. a ePMP or upcoming Mimosa Network to a LTE Network we see at
least 3 times the
money for the same amount of subscribers with LTE. Mimosa promises some
features like
beamforming and dual radio that comes close to the Compact and it does 256QAM.
At microcells with clear LOS a good .ac radio outperforms a 2x20MHz LTE Radio
without problem.
Mimosa will do 2x80MHz. 2x40 sounds realistic.

Why we want to use the Compact? We need a gear with additional coverage to
reach customers we cant
reach with 5GHz Gear. Here we expect the Compact to shine. We are happy with
Purewave 6600 in this regard.
But it seems there is no progress with Purewave (now Mercury).

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Patrick Leary < patrickleary.af...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That just me drinking the Koolaid and believing it Jason. I do though
> think the latency ding Moto users have always done is a red herring.
> I've never in my entire career had an actual operator using my gear
> telling latency caused them problems. The issue is really jitter, and
> we do better than UBNT on that. Our first LTE beta Daniel Moore at
> Unggoy in Iowa) even had his link scored between his Telrad and
> COMPACT and the Telrad won in terms of gaming performance.
>
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Jason McKemie <
> j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, with all due respect, this is BS (and I'm not talking about Base
>> Station either). With some of the new gear that Ubiquiti has and
>> Mimosa is releasing, I could get more bandwidth and lower latency to
>> the end user at a lower price - this is what WISPs have excelled at
>> for many years.  I'm sure your equipment has its place and the NLoS
>> capabilities would certainly be helpful.  A competent operator coming
>> to any given area with your equipment does not equal a shut door.
>>
>> -Jason
>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Patrick Leary <
>> patrickleary.af...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Know this though, should a competent COMPACT operator come into your
>>> market...your goose is cooked. Until then, hold any opinion that
>>> makes you comfortable.
>>

> --
> Patrick Leary
> Director BD, North America, Telrad
> 727.501.3735
> patrickleary.af...@gmail.com [this address is only for AFMUG]
> patrick.le...@telrad.com <patrick.le...@telrad.com> [this is my
> corporate address]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 2
They had a microcell vs macrocell seminar at show but I was in Phoenix Contact
training off site....
in 20 words or less what is difference?

Jaime Solorza
Wireless Systems Architect
915-861-1390

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Jason McKemie <
j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com> wrote:

> The more I do wireless, the more I prefer the microcell model.
> Telrad's equipment certainly seems like something you would use in a
> macrocell-type setup, if for no other reason than price.  I've seen
> much more consistent jitter when using Ubiquiti in a microcell vs macrocell
> application.
>
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Patrick Leary <
> patrickleary.af...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That just me drinking the Koolaid and believing it Jason. I do though
>> think the latency ding Moto users have always done is a red herring.
>> I've never in my entire career had an actual operator using my gear
>> telling latency caused them problems. The issue is really jitter, and
>> we do better than UBNT on that. Our first LTE beta Daniel Moore at
>> Unggoy in Iowa) even had his link scored between his Telrad and
>> COMPACT and the Telrad won in terms of gaming performance.
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Jason McKemie <
>> j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, with all due respect, this is BS (and I'm not talking about Base
>>> Station either). With some of the new gear that Ubiquiti has and
>>> Mimosa is releasing, I could get more bandwidth and lower latency to
>>> the end user at a lower price - this is what WISPs have excelled at
>>> for many years.  I'm sure your equipment has its place and the NLoS
>>> capabilities would certainly be helpful.  A competent operator
>>> coming to any given area with your equipment does not equal a shut door.
>>>
>>> -Jason

>> --
>> Patrick Leary
>> Director BD, North America, Telrad