From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:48 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 900 fsk and interference with repeaters

Yeah.....I was wondering if it's 450mhz or thereabouts

On 7/23/2015 5:41 PM, Work wrote:

  Is the two way system on a really low band that would be a harmonic of the
frequency that you're on right now?

  —
  Sent from Mailbox

  On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Craig House <cr...@totalhighspeed.net> wrote:

    We have another tower that we have installed 900 FSK equipment on that
seems to be causing problems with a 2 way repeater system. The noise floor on
the 2 way system is 20 db higher when the equipment is on. The down side to
this is the tower owner is the repeater owner and without his repeater his
business suffers and the need for the tower is gone. We have in the past had
this issue and ran coax all the way up the tower to have only the antennas on
top and it solved this issue but I dont want to do this for a FSK 900 radio? So
my question would be, what are the odds that the new 450 900 mhz that is only
moments away from being released would work without running Coax up the tower?
I think this is an issue with the processor in the FSK board not the RF @
900mhz that is causing the problem. What have others done about this. We have
another tower that seems to be on the brink of this same issue as well and I
dont want to completely pull off all 900 FSK but maybe I should? Should I just
go to UBNT 900 until the 450's release?