The PHY on the 100 radios has been known to be pretty noisy. I will second Ken's suggestion. Set the radio(s) to Auto 10H/10F and see what you get. Maybe a safer approach is to set your switch/router interface to only negotiate 10H/10F (like the newer MT releases) so you don't have to climb up and put in a default plug if anything goes wrong. One way to test if it is the ethernet causing the noise is to leave the radio powered up but bring down the link.

What power supply are you using? Possibly a switching power supply putting noise on the cable? We're on a couple public safety sites and we had a power supply causing their squelch to open up quite often.

Also, I don't think harmonics go down, only up. If their 150MHz transmitter is a couple hundred watts, several harmonics could cause you some ethernet errors, not the other way around. Like how ~100MHz high-power FM sites really hurts ethernet. Nearly identical fundamental frequency and high power is teh suck. Similar issue with your ethernet and their very sensitive receiver.

On 7/23/2015 5:23 PM, Craig House wrote:
Ok we will give it a try but the repeater guy will not be back up there to test for the noise until next Tuesday. Sounds like a plan.

*From: *"Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com
*Sent: *Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:04:02 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] 900 fsk and interference with repeaters

When you say 2way, I think VHF, in which case maybe it’s the Ethernet causing problems. We used to have this all the time with OTA TV low band VHF before the digital transition. Have you tried forcing the Ethernet to 10BaseT? Not losing anything with 900 FSK because it can’t do 10 Mbps anyway.
Sometimes POE switching power supply noise can be a problem as well.
BTW, running coax up the tower is easier at 900 MHz than higher frequencies because of the lower loss per foot of cable. Looping the Cat5 several times through a ferrite bead could help as well, but the fix we always used was 10BaseT. Or at least if that make a big difference, you know the cause is the Ethernet not the radio.
psd