They seem like they're converging to some degree.  In a few years there
probably won't be much difference after a few more iterations of copying
each other.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Ken Hohhof <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have only had Android phones myself, and my only experience with iOS is
> setting up Internet or email on the occasional iPad for customers.
>
>
>
> I do feel the Android user interface is very primitive and should have
> evolved to be more user friendly by now.  It seems like all they care about
> is how many apps there are, the UI can suck.  Not having owned an iPhone, I
> don’t know if Apple does any better.  I know that OS X does not seem as
> easy and intuitive as everyone says it is.
>
>
>
> The other thing I’ve found, since I’m using a 2+ year old Android phone,
> is they develop bugs, glitches and crashes over time.  It seems like once
> the hardware is 2 years old, it doesn’t matter if you get an Android
> update, it’s not going to work like when it was new, and they are going to
> push you to buy new hardware.  Whereas it seems Apple is more dedicated to
> the idea of no phone left behind.  They want you to upgrade, but they won’t
> turn your iPhone 5 into a useless piece of crap to force you to upgrade.
>
>
>
> Microsoft has occasionally had religion about UI design, but then they go
> totally off the tracks.  Right click context sensitive menus were the
> greatest thing since sliced bread.  Windows 8 was the devil’s work.
> Microsoft Office looks like it came from a totally different company.  But
> I got a major endorphin rush the first time I accidentally right-clicked on
> the Start button in Window 10.  I was like the Nazis opening the Ark …
> “it’s so beautiful!”
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Jason McKemie
> *Sent:* Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:53 PM
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Google wants to be Apple
>
>
>
> Apple has been copying Android interface design for several iPhone os
> versions now.
>
> On Wednesday, October 5, 2016, Travis Johnson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/05/not-ok-google/
>
> It's taken a while, many years, but Google has finally admitted that Apple
> had it right all along... you have to control the hardware AND software to
> have an awesome product. This was Steve Job's goal from the very beginning
> with the Macintosh... and now everyone else is finally understanding.
>
> So now Google is copying everything Apple does... even down to the
> marketing materials.  Every commercial they run (along with Samsung and
> everyone else) is always "this is why our product is better than Apple". If
> a company really believes that, you don't have to make the direct
> comparison. LOL
>
> "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ~Charles Caleb Colton
>
> Travis
>
>

Reply via email to