No, I don't believe I am talking about PCA. But anyway, you are unable
to demonstrate how you implement PCA or anything else, because your
algorithm is "far from complete".

You are unable to apply your conception of the problem to my simple
example of re-ordering a set.

How about PCA itself? If that's what you think I am suggesting, can
you show how PCA would apply to my simple example?