From: Joshua Cowan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> It's interesting that the "field" of memetics is moribund (ex. the
> Journal
> of Memetics hasn't published in two years) but the meme of memetics is
> alive
> and well. I wonder, do any of the AGI researchers find the concept of
> Memes
> useful in describing how their proposed AGIs would acquire or transfer
> information?

Not sure if it is moribund. Maybe they have discovered that Cultural
Informational Transfer may have more non-genetically aligned properties than
was originally claimed? There is overlap with other fields as well, so
contention exists. But the concepts are there, they are not going away, the
medium is much different and enhanced with computers and internet.

John