On 1/14/12, omd <c.ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM, 441344 <441...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I submit a proposal with adoption index 3 and title {Ambassador fix} and
>> text
>> {
>>  Amend Rule 2352 by removing the last paragraph.
>>  Retitle Rule 2352 to {The Ambassador Part I}
>>  Create a Rule with title {The Ambassador Part II} and text
>>  {
>>  Any player CAN, with Agoran Consent, cause Agora to post a blog post
>>  (specifying its title, text, and list of categories) or comment
>>  (specifying its text) to BlogNomic.
>>  If no rule titled {The Ambassador Part I} exists, the Rulekeepor CAN and
>>  SHOULD repeal this rule by announcement in a timely fashion from the last
>>  time there was a rule with that title. If e fails to do so, any player
>>  CAN repeal this rule Without Objection or With Agoran Consent.
>>  }.
>> }.
>
> This doesn't work because Rule 105 prevents persons from making Rule
> Changes.  In general, what is this supposed to fix?
>
>> I submit a proposal with adoption index 3 and title
>> {Alternate Ambassador fix} and text
>> {
>>  If Rule 2352 contains the text
>>  {
>>  Any player CAN, with Agoran Consent, cause Agora to post a blog post
>>  (specifying its title, text, and list of categories) or comment
>>  (specifying its text) to BlogNomic.
>>  } then change the power of Rule 2352 to 3.
>> }.
>
> This doesn't do anything - Agora is not actually allowed to post blog
> posts or comments regardless of Power.

These proposals were supposed to address the fact that if my earlier
proposal makes {causing Agora to act} secured then the last part of
Rule 2352 becomes ineffective. If it was ineffective anyway then I
retract the above two proposals and submit a proposal with title
{That Doesn't Do Anything Anyway} and text {Amend Rule 2352 by
removing its last paragraph.}.

>> I submit a proposal with adoption index 3 and title
>> {Clarify/Explicate Agoran Consent} and text
>> {
>>  Amend Rule 1728 by replacing the text
>>  {
>>  3) With N Agoran Consent, where N is an integer multiple of 0.1 with a
>>  minimum of 1.
>>  } with
>>  {
>>  3) With N Agoran Consent, where N is an integer multiple of 0.1 with a
>>  minimum of 1.  ("With Agoran Consent" is shorthand for this method with
>>  N=1.).
>>  }.
>> }.
>
> Proposal: The rule already says that N is 1 unless otherwise specified
> (AI=3)
>
> Amend Rule 1728 by removing:
>
>       ("Without Objection" is shorthand for this method with N = 1.)
>
> and by removing:
>
>       ("With Support" is shorthand for this method with N = 1.)
>

>> I submit a proposal with adoption index 2 and title
>> {Clarify/Explicate Elder Support} and text
>> {
>>  Amend Rule 2357 by inserting between the first and second paragraphs
>>  the text
>>  {
>>  For any positive integer N:
>>   *If a rule says that a person CAN perform an action with N Elder
>>    Support, e CAN perform that action With N Elder Support
>>    With N Supporters.
>>   *Only Elders are eligible to Support an intention to perform an action
>>    With N Elder Support With N Supporters.
>>   *When a person performs an action With N Elder Support
>>    With N Supporters, e thereby performs that action with N Support.
>>   *If a rule says that a person CAN perform an action with N Elder Support
>>    it does not thereby allow em to perform that action by announcement or
>>    any other method, except as allowed by other rules including this rule.
>
> This is unnecessary.
At present the rules don't seem to say anything about what "Elder
Support" actually means.