> Class C Boarding Homes
> The boarding homes serve 49 people in Red Bank and Asbury Park and
are
> licensed to serve meals and have 24 hour staff coverage to provide
an
> individual level of support for each resident. HABcore achieves a
> family-like atmosphere through shared tasks, communal dining, an
in- etc.

I want to share with the forum a private email I received in
response to my post above. The first email (which I am not posting)
says that the facilities discussed in my post are not emergency
housing and do not take walk ins. I responded that I assumed as much
and did not intend to portray them as such and I think I made it
clear that it is my belief that there are no per se shelters in AP.
My point in posting about such facilities is not to judge but to
show WHAT AP already has and does. I recieved the following email in
response. I will not reveal their name, but needless to say, the
tenor and content of the message irks me. Here it is:

"Fact of the matter, which you didn't seem to mention, was that the
biggest original outbreak of HIV/ Aids in the US was in the gay
community, which also puts Asbury Park at great risk because of the
large amounts of gays practicing anal sex, and migrating here!

Maybe that's why there are several Aids places, including "the
Center"
here in the city. Maybe the people who despise the blacks should
consider that, don't you think?"