--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dead hand control.  I'd rather make my own way in the world.  What
> space particularly are you referring to here?

Green acres, public rows, streets, parks.

> The Standards I wrote for the Historical Society are better
because
> they aren't so vague.  I'll try to dig them up.

Those were not standards. Tom, the NYCLPC was the first landmark's
commission in the US, and the Brooklyn Heights district ws the first
designated and protected landmark in the country. I am sorry, but
although I disgree with them often, I will defer to their expertise
over yours. You assume that criteria for judgment can be exact and
specific. The law itself cannot cover all bases yet you expect
standards for abstractions and aesthetics to do so?

> Under objective standards, the Casin doesn't cut it.

Tom, time to get off the stuff. Just being a work of Warren and
Whitmore qualifies it. You have the same mindset that led to the
demolition of the old Penn Station.

> And, it never, ever, had any hitorically
> important past.

It just gets worse with you. Did a judge ever tell you that you
would do well by yourself to quit while you're ahead? What qualifies
as historical significance to you? Do you not understand the concept
if it is culturally important? It was a public space.

You keep referencing the Historical Society. No offense, but in the
end it is tantamount to a garden club is it not? Is it an official
body? Does it have enforcement powers?

Instead of advising the groups trying to save buildings why have you
not, and are not, lobbying the council to create an official body
for historic preservation?

You ask why would Fishman do something that would make him less
money. I thank you for reminding me where the blame lies once again.
I find no fault with Fishman for that, except his and his buddies'
shortsightedness and inexperience. The blame lies with those in the
city who negotiated and APPROVED this deal. I think there are three
infamous persons still in power who are responsible for the latter.

Lastly, and unconnected to this, I wonder why Tom Gilmour chooses to
promote the movies at the Paramount in his weekly email blast but
does not do the same for the Baronet. Hmmm? I know that you will
(rightly) tell me to ask him. Just food for thought.