--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "oakdorf" <oakdorf@...> wrote:

> Tell me one thing please - where were all these people, charities etc  - that
> all had the opportunity to help and rebuild their own community - but didn't.

They had decades to do it but didnt. Now its our turn.

> Is it a sin to have people coming into town, investing and fixing up homes
> that were boarded up, illegally converted and ridden with code violations -
> and not paying taxes??

The time for tears is over. I see new immigrants (be they documented or not),
coming to town, going to work every day and spending money. They better
themselves. I'd be at the border handing out visas if I could.

> As a reward, they (the "gentrefires") get blasted by the community - for
> what? Trying to make it a safer place, paying taxes, opening businesses and
> spending money all around town. Add to that - developing programs, adding
> diversity and volunteering.

Constantly spending money on my house here. Fixing it up and maintaining it.
The lawn is always cut. Constantly pick up garbage on the streets. I dont care
who lives here or next to me as long as you take care of your property and are
civil and law abiding. If you are not, I don't give a flying f$ck what happens
to you but I will do whatever I can to get you out of here.