>>>Unless you're willing to get involved, more incidents are going
to occur. Be ready.<<<

Well sharon your points, comments and life experiences (and the success of
raising your family) are well taken.

Once again, it's that "be ready...cause trouble is waiting.."

That's the scary part  - for lack of better words.

So why don't the community leaders - all these organizations that ARE there to
help, take action. Talk to the kids and parents.

What are the REAL issues?

 - Is it housing
 - quality of life
 - lack of work - what kind of work would one accept

Employment:
 - What kind of programs are in place within the city with city and surrounding
employers.

For example: Are there any intern programs with Jersey Shore Medical - between
the HS and JS?? If not, why not? Seems like a natural.

 - does the city have any interns? How about the chamber of commerce?
How about Madison Marquette. I call them interns, but if the business can't
afford to pay for it, I'd say take it from the school $ or other grant money.
The kids can work 25 hours per week, $9 per hour. That's 225 per week gross. 10
weeks - each kid gets $2250. Take 200 kids. Pennies for such a program. Can you
get kids to work $9.00? IS it worth more to keep them off the street - then go
for it. $12 hour?

 - how about kids that graduated from AP High? Where did they go, what are they
doing now? Anyone know? Does anyone track their careers? Can they come back and
talk to other kids????

What kinds of employment programs exist in the school system with a $90 million
budget.  (as for employment programs, I meant for the kids - not admin)

There is only so much that can be done. You need intelligent people running
these programs and people that want to participate. Without, you have people
making comments like "we gonna burn the place down" or "be ready".

That is what has to be addressed by those who interact with the local
community. And those leaders should be inviting in african american owned
businesses. And those leaders should ensure that if something is built or
renovated on the west side, that bricks don't get thrown through the windows or
lights shattered.

Would it make difference if you just gave everyone, and I mean everyone
$1,000,000? Every resident, any color.

What do you think?

The one that pisses it away after two weeks would be pissed at the guy who
saved it, right?