/ Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
| What should we do?  One way to solve this is to require "id" *and* update
| Graham's original proposal accordingly, *and* incorporate it into the next
| (and presumably final draft).
|
|   - - -
|
| That's what I meant by "There is a danger of looking at changes in
| isolation.":
|
|    http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg15292.html
|
| Of course, breaking any link in my complicated chain of logic above would
| cause the whole argument to collapse, which would be fine with me.
|
| Does anybody see something that I am missing?

I have to say that the DoS issue hadn't occurred to me before Bob
raised it and I've been a bit depressed about it ever since it came
up. Is there really anything that we can do here, short of providing a
mechanism for signing entries and telling aggregators that a duplicate
is an entry with the same id and the same signature?

Seems to me if I'm unscrupulous enough to attempt DoS, I can fake all
of the required parameters.

/me shrugs

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Happiness is a how, not a what; a
http://nwalsh.com/            | talent, not an object.--Herman Hesse